HTC has launched the latest flagship smartphone from the company named as the HTC U12+. However, the company launched the HTC 10 earlier which is still the most famous HTC flagship till date. Now, we know that HTC 10 was launched few years ago and it came with a metal design as well as champhered edges.
Also, the smartphone ran the version of Android available at that time which was Android Lollipop. Since then, HTC has released several updates for the smartphone as well. However, the smartphone has slowed down in receiving the updates most recently and the updates are now left for us to be installed.
Therefore, if you are an owner of the HTC 10 and you want the latest version of Android to be installed on your device then you might not get any official update. But, that is not the end as you can still get the update on your device thanks to Custom ROMs. For this, you will have to follow the instructions which we have mentioned below and you can install Android 8.1 Oreo on your HTC 10. If you face any problems, feel free to comment below.
- It is very important to take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of ROM. Thus, we would strongly recommend you to take a backup as well.
- Also, make sure to charge your device to at least 50% or more so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- It is of utmost importance that your device is unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device.
- If you have not installed custom recovery then you need to install one as soon as possible. Otherwise, do not proceed with the installation
Steps to install AOSiP OS based on Android 8.1 Oreo for HTC 10
- Make sure to read and understand the Prerequisites steps properly first of all.
- Also, make sure to complete all the Prerequisites steps. Now, we can proceed with the installation process.
- You need to go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If the files are downloaded on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone for easy access. If not, you can skip this step
- Once the files are transferred, you need to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To go to the TWRP recovery, turn off your phone and press “Power + Volume Down” button for a few seconds.
- Once you have entered TWRP, you need to go to TWRP’s Install section. Here, select the AOSiP OS zip file that you downloaded from above.
- After that, click on the zip file and swipe right to flash the file. Now, also select the GApps.zip file as well as flash it on your smartphone
- Once you see that the zip files have been flashed, boot your HTC 10 into system.
- You can now check from your device’s settings that your HTC 10 will be running Android 8.1 Oreo based on AOSiP OS.